If you struggle with bloating on a regular basis it is important to figure out the foods that can be triggering it as well as any possible underlying conditions that could be causing it. Determining the underlying causes of your bloating may take time but we often need some kind of immediate relief.
When you’re experiencing a case of bloating, drinking more fluids can seem counterintuitive but proper hydration is critical. And consuming natural diuretics can provide some immediate relief. Some of my top recommendations for debloating are dandelion, ginger, lemon, and cranberries. All are excellent natural diuretics that don’t deplete your body of potassium as many over-the-counter and pharmaceutical diuretics do.
Next time you need a little debloating try this delicious concoction of lemon, dandelion root tea, ginger, and cranberry. Make a pitcher in the morning and sip it all day.
- 2 organic dandelion root tea bags
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger minced (or ¼ teaspoon powdered or dried ginger)
- 4 cups (48 ounces) water
- ¼ cup unsweetened cranberry juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- Place tea bags in a mug and add the ginger.
- Bring 1 cup of water to a boil and pour over the tea and ginger.
- Allow tea and ginger to steep for up to 10 minutes.
- Remove tea bags and ginger (if using fresh).
- Add remaining 3 cups of water, lemon, and unsweetened cranberry juice.
- Pour over ice if desired and sip away!