Pumpkins are as synonymous with fall as snowmen are with winter. But pumpkins are also great for your gut! Here are just a few health benefits of pumpkins:
- They’re high in fiber, which helps keep your digestive system in top working order
- They contain prebiotic fiber, which helps balance gut bacteria
- They’re loaded with vitamins A and C, which help support a healthy immune response, and zinc, a mineral that may help decrease the permeability of your intestines
- They’re rich in antioxidants
- They’re delicious, hydrating, and filling!
Sold on the benefits of pumpkin as more than a seasonal decoration? Here’s a delicious warm drink recipe to help you incorporate pumpkin (and other healthy spices) into your diet.
To your health and happiness…
Your NatureM.D. Wellness Team
Coconut Pumpkin Cinnamon Latte
Prep Time: 3 min Yield: 2 servings
- 12 ounces of your favorite coffee brew
- 2 tablespoons coconut cream or coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons canned pumpkin (pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 scoop NatureM.D. Vanilla Cinnamon GutConnect 365
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Dollop coconut whipped cream (optional)
- Dusting of cinnamon (optional)
For extra creaminess, add an additional tablespoon of coconut milk before blending.
Put all ingredients into a blender and blend thoroughly. Top with coconut whipped cream and a dusting of cinnamon, if desired.